Apply for school transport

New applications

You can now apply for transport for the 2018-19 school year.

You should read the information sheet for home to school transport for children aged 5-16 years before applying.

Apply online for school transport

Returning students

If your child is automatically entitled to free transport and they will be attending the same school next year there is no need to reapply.  Their existing travel pass will remain valid for the next school year. Only if they are moved to a different bus service will a new travel pass be issued. 

When your child moves on to the next stage of education for example they move from infant school to junior school, or from primary school to high school, you will need to reapply using the form above.

To apply for transport to a school outside Norfolk use the printable application form (2018-19).  It is not possible to apply online or by telephone.

You can track the progress of your application with Travel Pass Search (allow five working days from the time you submitted your application before checking).

Applications are usually processed in time for the start of term, but if you apply after 31 July, be prepared to make alternative travel arrangements.

Track the progress of your application

Use the printable application form (2018-19) to apply by post for the next school year.  You should read the Information Sheet for Home to School Transport for children aged 5 to 16 years (2018-2019) before applying.

Post the completed form to:

Travel and Transport
Norfolk County Council
County Hall

Or you can email a scan of the completed form to:

If you’ve received a letter offering your child transport from September, use our online form to accept the offer.

Accept an offer of transport

If any details included in the letter are wrong or have changed, you’ll need to:

Online applications for the new academic year (from September) are usually available from May.

Use our online change of details form if you:

  • Change address
  • Change to a different school
  • Wish to request a different boarding point
  • Would prefer a different bus or train service
Change your details online

You may be able to claim back money spent on travel if you applied before 31 July and there was a delay in issuing your pass.

If you apply after 31 July you can’t claim a refund for bus or train tickets purchased unless the pass issued was incorrect and unusable.

To apply for a refund send your request, together with the tickets purchased, to:

Travel and Transport
Norfolk County Council
County Hall
Martineau Lane
NR1 2SG 

The tickets must have been purchased at a cost-effective rate and be appropriate to the age of the pupil and the days they attended.

Travel and Transport may request confirmation of attendance from the school for audit purposes.

All refunds will be at the discretion of the appropriate Travel and Transport Manager.

Was this webpage helpful?