Admission to reception classes for September 2017
Offers of Reception class places were made on 18 April 2017.
The reception class admission round has now closed. If you still need to apply for a place for September 2017 contact the admissions team.
A small number of parents of children with an EHCP have been sent letters reminding them to apply for a high school place for September 2017. This has been done in error and such letters should be disregarded.
Note that attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not give you any priority for a place at that school.
- Round opens: 28 September 2016
- Round closes: 15 January 2017
- National Offer day – admissions team contact parents with offer of a place: 18 April 2017
- Appeals closing date: 15 May 2017
- Late application closing date: 15 May 2017
- Mini admission round to consider changes: 22 May 2017
- Appeals hearings: June/July 2017
- Waiting lists maintained until: 31 December 2017
If you are considering applying to defer your child's admission to Reception class to the following school year read the guidance below:
- Guidance on deferring your child’s Reception place until the following year
- Department for Educations advice on the admission of summer born children
We are aware that the School's Minister has confirmed that a policy review is underway in relation to summer born children and any updates to the current position will appear here.