Admission to reception classes
Applications for September 2019 entry have been extended until 29 January
The admission round for entry to reception classes in September 2019 ran from 28 September to 15 January but you can still make late applications.
When does a child start school?
- If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2019. By law they must be offered a full-time place from September 2019
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday
Information on admissions and schools in Norfolk
- You need to make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school
- Attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will be made available during the day on Tuesday 16 April 2019 on the school admissions website.
Alternatively, you can download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy.
If you complete a paper application, we will send you a letter on 16 April 2019 by 2nd class post. It will tell you at which school your child has been offered a place.
First admission to school timetable 2019-20
- Round open - 28 September 2018
- Round closes - 15 January 2019 - late applications can still be made until 29 January 2019.
- National Offer day when school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2019
- Appeals closing date - 15 May 2019
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 21 May 2019
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2019
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2019
If you have further questions about admissions please contact us.