The admission round for entry to reception classes for the school year 2023/24 has been extended until 31 January 2023 to allow for late applications.
When does a child start school?
- If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2023 and are entitled to a full-time place.
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
- You must make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school. However, attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school.
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will be made available during the day on 17 April 2023 via our School admissions website.
If you would like an application form to be sent to you, you can request one via our general enquiry form.
The admissions process in Norfolk
Full information and frequently asked questions can be found in Parents guide 2023/24 (pdf).
The Guide to Primary and Infant Schools will provide further information on each Infant and Primary school in Norfolk. Please also visit SchoolFinder for additional information.
First admission to school timetable 2023-24
- Round opens - 26 September 2022
- Round closes - 15 January 2023
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 17 April 2023
- Appeals closing date - 12 May 2023
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 20 May 2023
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2023
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2023
If you have questions about admissions please use our contact form to get in touch.