Admission to reception classes
The admission round for entry to reception classes in September 2019 ran from 28 September 2018 and closed on 15 January 2019. Late applications closed on 29 January 2019.
If you applied online, decisions will be made available during the day on Tuesday 16 April 2019 on the school admissions website.
If you complete a paper application form we will send a letter on 16 April 2019 by second-class post, telling you at which school your child has been offered a place.
Missed the deadline?
If you have missed the admissions round deadline, you need to download and return an admissions application form (pdf) as soon as possible. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Child's name
- Child's date of birth
- Child's home address
- Current school
- Up to three schools, in order of preference
- Parent's name
- Parent's contact details
When does a child start school?
- If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2019. By law they must be offered a full-time place from September 2019
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday
Information on admissions and schools in Norfolk
First admission to school timetable 2019-20
- Round open - 28 September 2018
- Round closes - 15 January 2019
- Late applications closing date - 29 January 2019
- National Offer day when school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2019
- Appeals closing date - 15 May 2019
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 21 May 2019
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2019
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2019
If you have further questions about admissions please contact us.