The admission round for entry to reception classes in September 2020 is open from Friday 27 September 2019. The round closes Wednesday 15 January 2020. Late applications can be made online until 29 January 2020.
When does a child start school?
- If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, they are due to start school in reception class in the school year starting September 2020. By law they must be offered a full-time place from September 2020
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday
Information on admissions and schools in Norfolk
- You need to make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school
- Attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school
If you apply online, decisions will be made available during the day on Thursday 16 April 2020 on the school admissions website.
Alternatively, you can download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy.
If you complete a paper application, we will send you a letter on 16 April 2020 by second class post. It will tell you at which school your child has been offered a place.
First admission to school timetable 2020/21
- Round open - 27 September 2019
- Round closes - 15 January 2020
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2020
- Appeals closing date - 15 May 2020
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 21 May 2020
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2020
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2020