Admission to reception classes for September 2017
The reception class admission round has now closed. If you still need to apply for a place for September 2017 contact the admissions team.
If you have applied online decisions will be made available on the afternoon of 18 April 2017 on the Admissions website.
A small number of parents of children with an EHCP have been sent letters reminding them to apply for a high school place for September 2017. This has been done in error and such letters should be disregarded.
Note that attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not give you any priority for a place at that school.
- Round opens: 28 September 2016
- Round closes: 15 January 2017
- National Offer day – admissions team contact parents with offer of a place: 18 April 2017
- Appeals closing date: 15 May 2017
- Late application closing date: 15 May 2017
- Mini admission round to consider changes: 22 May 2017
- Appeals hearings: June/July 2017
- Waiting lists maintained until: 31 December 2017
If you are considering applying to defer your child's admission to Reception class to the following school year read the guidance below:
- Guidance on deferring your child’s Reception place until the following year
- Department for Educations advice on the admission of summer born children
We are aware that the School's Minister has confirmed that a policy review is underway in relation to summer born children and any updates to the current position will appear here.