The admission round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 opens on Monday 9 November 2020. It closes on Wednesday 15 January 2021.
When does a child start junior school?
- The transfer to junior school admission round is for children in their last year at an infant school (aged 7+ on 1 September 2020). These children are 'due to transfer', which is the term used in the admission rules.
- Children who are attending a primary school on the opening day of the admission round are not considered 'due to transfer'. These applications have a lower priority for a place at a junior school. This is even if they live in the catchment area of a junior school.
Make an application
You’ll be able to apply from 9 November. We’ll update this page with links and more information then.
Transfer to junior school timetable 2021/22
- Round opens – 9 November 2020
- Round closes - 15 January 2021
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2021
- Appeals closing date – 30 April 2021
- Mini admission round to consider changes – 14 May 2021
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2021
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2021
If you have further questions about admissions please use our contact form to get in touch.