The admission round closed on 15 January 2021.
We give higher priority to applications that were sent in on time but we must also accept late applications. You can submit a late application by completing a paper application form.
Download an application form or use our online contact form to ask us to send you one.
When does a child start junior school?
- The transfer to junior school admission round is for children in their last year at an infant school (aged 7+ on 1 September 2020). These children are 'due to transfer', which is the term used in the admission rules.
- In most situations, children who are attending a primary school on the opening day of the admission round are not considered 'due to transfer'. These applications have a lower priority for a place at a junior school. This is even if they live in the catchment area of a junior school.
If you apply online, decisions will available during the day on 16 April 2021 on the school admissions website.
If you complete a paper application form, we will send you a letter on 16 April 2021 by second class post, telling you the decision.
The admissions process in Norfolk
For full information and frequently asked questions, download our parents’ guide to admissions to schools in Norfolk. If you have an enquiry you can use our online contact form to get in touch with us.
Transfer to junior school timetable 2021/22
- Round opens – 9 November 2020
- Round closes - 15 January 2021
- National Offer Day when school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2021
- Appeals closing date – 30 April 2021
- Mini admission round to consider changes – 14 May 2021
- Appeals hearings - June/July 2021
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2021
If you have further questions about admissions please use our contact form to get in touch.