Applications for September 2019 entry have been extended until 29 January
The admission round for entry to junior schools (Year 3 entry) in September 2019 ran from 28 September to 15 January but you can still make late applications.
When should a child transfer to junior school?
- The transfer to junior school admission round is for children in their last year at an infant school (currently in Year 2). They will be age 7+ on 1 September 2019. These pupils are deemed 'due to transfer' which is a term used in admissions rules
- Children who are already attending a primary school (that goes up to Year 6) on the opening day of the admission round, are not considered as due to transfer
- If you apply for a junior school place and your child is already attending a primary school, your application will have the lowest priority even if you live in the catchment area of a junior school
Information on admissions to junior schools in Norfolk
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will be made available during the day on Tuesday 16 April 2019 on the school admissions website.
Alternatively, you can download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy. If you complete a paper application form we will send a letter on 16 April 2019 by second-class post, telling you at which school your child has been offered a place.
Please note, you will not be able to select a primary school using the online application system, unless the primary school has an additional point of entry to Year 3 (there is not normally a point of admission to Year 3 at primary schools). You will need to complete and return the paper application form.
Transfer to junior school timetable 2019-20
- Parents can start applying online or complete an application form - Thursday 8 November 2018
- The closing date for parents to make your application - Tuesday 15 January 2019 - late applications can still be made up to 29 January 2019
- National Offer Day - school place decisions are made available - Tuesday 16 April 2019
- Closing date for parents to appeal against any refusal to admit to a preferred school - Friday 3 May 2019
- Appeals heard by the Independent Appeal Panels - June/July 2019
If you have further questions about admissions please contact us.