Transfer to junior school
The admission round for transfer to junior schools in September 2019 is open from Thursday 8 November 2018 until Tuesday 15 January 2019.
When does a child start junior school?
- The transfer to junior school admission round is for children in their last year at an infant school (aged 7+ on 1 September 2019). These pupils are deemed “due to transfer” which is a term used in admissions rules
- Children who are attending a primary school on the opening day of the admission round are not considered as due to transfer. Their applications will have the lowest priority for a place at a junior school, even if they live in the catchment area of a junior school
Information on admissions to junior schools in Norfolk
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will be made available on 16 April 2019 on the school admissions website.
Alternatively, you can download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy. If you complete a paper application we will send a letter on 16 April 2019 by second-class post telling you at which school your child has been offered a place.
Transfer to junior school timetable 2019-20
- Parents can start applying online or complete an application form - 8 November 2018
- The closing date for parents to make your application - 15 January 2019
- National Offer Day - school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2019
- Closing date for parents to appeal against any refusal to admit to a preferred school - 3 May 2019
- Appeals heard by the Independent Appeal Panels - June/July 2019
If you have further questions about admissions please contact us.