Transfer to junior school
The transfer to junior school admission round for September 2018 entry closed on 15 January 2018. Decisions were announced on Monday 16 April 2018.
If your child has been offered a place at one of your preferred schools:
- The Headteacher of the school has been informed that your child has a place. The school will contact you with further information. The first day of the autumn term 2018 is Thursday 6 September. Your child should attend on that day unless you are told otherwise. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you no longer require the place
- If you have been offered a place at a school outside of Norfolk, you will need to contact the school to find out their individual admission arrangements
If your child has been refused a preference
If we have been unable to accommodate any of your preferences, an alternative school has been offered. In these cases you must notify us in writing email@example.com if you do not accept this offer. If a preference has been refused at any school, your child’s name will be kept on a waiting list for that school until the end of December 2018.
The closing date for registering your intention to appeal was Thursday 3 May 2018. Any appeal lodged for an on time application, must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals (Friday 6 July 2018). Appeals lodged for schools that have their own individual arrangements (voluntary aided schools, academies, foundation and free schools) will be passed to the headteacher of the school. They will respond to you directly.
Home to school transport
Information on the allocation of school places, has been passed to our travel and transport services. They will contact families who would, in line with our transport policy, automatically be eligible for assistance with home to school transport. Parents will be contacted before the end of May 2018.
- Find further information on whether your child is eligible for free school transport
- You can also find further information in A parent's guide to admissions to schools in Norfolk - 2018-19 (pdf)
If you have not been contacted by the end of June and you believe you may qualify for transport, you can make an application.
Free school meals
Your child might be eligible for free school meals if you receive certain benefits. Read further information and how to apply. Schools receive additional resources to support teaching and learning, based on the number of children who are entitled to free school meals. If you are entitled but your child does not take a free meal at the school it is still worth applying.
Additional admissions information
Full information about the admission process in Norfolk and frequently asked questions:
- A parent's guide to admissions to schools in Norfolk - 2018-19 (pdf)
- View information about junior schools in Norfolk
Transfer to junior school for September 2019 entry
Admission to junior school for September 2019 entry opens on 8 November 2018.