The admission round for transfer to junior schools in September 2020 is open from Friday 8 November 2019. The round closes Wednesday 15 January 2020.
When does a child start junior school?
- The transfer to junior school admission round is for children in their last year at an infant school (aged 7+ on 1 September 2020). These pupils are deemed “due to transfer” which is a term used in admission rules
- Children who are attending a primary school on the opening day of the admission round are not considered due to transfer. Therefore these applications have a lower priority for a place at a junior school, even if the child lives in the catchment area of a junior school
- If you are applying for a place at a primary school, you cannot make your application online. You must download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy. There is not normally a point of admission to Year 3 at primary schools.
Information on admissions to junior schools in Norfolk
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will be made available during the day on Thursday 16 April 2020 on the school admissions website.
Alternatively, you can download and return an admissions application form (pdf) or contact us to request a copy. If you complete a paper application, we will send you a letter on 16 April 2020 by second-class post, telling you at which school your child has been offered a place.
Transfer to junior school timetable 2020-21
- Parents can start applying online or complete an application form – 8 November 2019
- The closing date for parents to make your application - 15 January 2020
- National Offer day - school place decisions are made available - 16 April 2020
- Closing date for parents to appeal against any refusal to admit to a preferred school - 1 May 2020
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 21 May 2020
- Appeals heard by the independent appeal panels - June/July 2020
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2020