Transfer to secondary school
When are school places announced?
- If you applied online, decisions will be made available during the day on Friday 1 March 2019. Login to your account at our schools admissions website
- If you completed a paper application, we will send you a letter on Friday 1 March 2019 by second class post
If you have further questions about admissions please contact us.
Missed the application deadline?
The transfer to secondary school admission round opened on 11 September 2018 and closed on 31 October 2018. Late applications closed on 13 November 2018.
If you have missed the admissions round deadline, you need to download and and return an admissions application form (pdf) as soon as possible. Alternatively you can email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Child's name
- Child's date of birth
- Child's home address
- Current school
- Up to three schools, in order of preference
- Parent's name
- Parent's contact details
Information on high school admissions
The secondary transfer round for September 2019 is for places in Year 7. It is for children in their last year at a primary or junior school (Year 6). These pupils are deemed “due to transfer” which is a term used in admissions rules.
Full information about the admission process in Norfolk, as well as frequently asked questions can be found in A parent's guide to admissions to schools in Norfolk (pdf).
You can also read our detailed guide to secondary schools in Norfolk (pdf).
Secondary school admissions timetable 2019/20
Round opened - 11 September 2018
- Round closed - 31 October 2018
- Late applications closed - 13 November 2018
- National Offer day - school place decisions are made available - 1 March 2019
- Appeals closing date - 20 March 2019
- Late application closing date - 20 March 2019
- Mini admission round to consider changes - 3 April 2019
- Appeals hearings - May/June 2019
- Waiting lists maintained until 31 December 2019