We offer a range of eBooks, eAudio books, eNewspapers and eMagazines that library members can download free of charge, with no reservation or overdue charges. All you need is a library card. Read or listen on your computer, smartphone, tablet or eBook reader.
eBooks, eAudio books and eMagazines from OverDrive
The OverDrive App will no longer be available from the end of April 2023.If you have been using the OverDrive app you will need to move to the Libby App. Find out how to switch to Libby.
The OverDrive app will still be available for Kindle Fire users to download and access until further notice. Users with Kindle Fire devices can also sideload Libby manually. Find out how to install Libby on your Kindle Fire device.
Search the Norfolk OverDrive website
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN
- Borrow up to six eBooks or eAudio books for three weeks
- Borrow an unlimited number of eMagazines for three weeks
- OverDrive is compatible with most devices including Kindle Fire tablets (but not Kindle eReaders)
- You can borrow items on your mobile device (iOS 10+ and Android 5.0+) by downloading the Libby App
- If you have a Kindle Fire OS 5+ you can get the app directly from OverDrive, the developers of Libby
For help with the Libby App visit the Libby Help website.
Visit the OverDrive help pages for answers to technical problems, including a list of compatible devices.
You can also fill in their online support form.
eNewspapers and eMagazines from PressReader
Free access to PressReader is only available when signing up with your library card and pin number. If you sign in with a social media account you will be charged for using this service.
Sign up for free PressReader access
- Access thousands of newspapers and magazines online (UK and worldwide coverage)
- Sign up for free with your library card and PIN Library card user guide
- Sign up and access on the web or download the app for tablets and mobiles from your app store
- Read online or download newspapers and magazines to your mobile device to read anytime
- You can increase text size, translate into 17 languages or listen with the read aloud function
For user guides, tutorials and help with any technical queries visit the PressReader help centre.
eAudio books from Borrowbox
Search the Norfolk Borrowbox website
Visit the BorrowBox help page
(log-in required) for help with using the service, or email email@example.com