The Business & IP Centre Norfolk, situated on the second floor of the Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library, offers a full reference and lending service for individuals and organisations.
- Monday – 10am – 7pm
- Tuesday – 10am – 7pm
- Wednesday – 10am – 7pm
- Thursday – 10am – 7pm
- Friday – 10am – 7pm
- Saturday – 9am – 5pm
We now have a Business & IP Centre hub in King's Lynn Library. The West Norfolk hub is open:
- Monday: 8am-7pm (staffed 10am-7pm)
- Tuesday: 8am-7pm (staffed 10am-7pm)
- Wednesday: 8am-7pm (staffed 10am-7pm)
- Thursday: 8am-7pm (staffed 10am-7pm)
- Friday: 8am-7pm (staffed 10am-7pm)
- Saturday: 8am-4pm (staffed 10am-4pm)
- Sunday: 10am-4pm (open library access only)
Resources and facilities
The Business and IP Centres are equipped to enable you to conduct your own research. They offer PCs with office software, free access to the internet and study spaces as well as:
- Trade and company directories listing local, national and international businesses
- Market Research reports
- Current and back copies of seven of the most popular business periodicals
- Information on company and business law including Health & Safety at work
- A comprehensive collection of business books available for reference and loan
We can help you:
- Target customers in specific business sectors
- Research your competitors
- Research a product or service
- Source a product
- Perform statistical analysis on your business sector
- Research grants available to you
- Run financial status reports and credit checks on potential partners, customers and suppliers
- Identify what protection may be appropriate for your products and services and how to go about getting patents, trade marks, designs or copyright. Free patent and trade mark search advice also available
Protecting your ideas is essential when developing an invention or design. By knowing and understanding your IP rights you can ensure that you are safeguarding your creativity effectively. Our IP team can help you work with patents, registered designs, copyright and trade marks and signpost your next move. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a one-to-one with one of our qualified staff.
In partnership with intellectual property specialist ip21 we are able to arrange free, confidential initial consultations on the feasibility and stages involved in turning your product idea into a viable business.
As well as the support we can provide locally, The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) is the government body responsible for granting IP rights. IP for Business from the IPO is a range of online tools designed to help you understand, identify, protect and exploit your IP assets to their fullest potential.
- What is it? A free, interactive online learning tool to help you identify assets which may be protected by IP rights. Made up of four modules on the main IP rights, it takes around an hour to complete and is also CPD accredited.
- Who is it for? Everyone, from small business owners to professional advisors.
IP Equip app
- What is it? Perfect for accessing simple IP information on the go, the app gives you an overview of IP rights and how to make the most of them. Free to download on Apple iOS and Android devices.
- Who is it for? Anyone who wants instant access to IP information.
You can search for Business & IP Centre books on the library catalogue, and reserve items to collect at your nearest branch. We also have a wide range of business eBooks available.
The Business & IP Centre provides access to a great selection of free online subscriptions to help you access up to date business information. These include COBRA (Complete Online Business Advisor), IBISWorld and MINT (MarketingINTelligence). Find more details and a list of all subscriptions available in Norfolk Libraries here or access COBRA, IBISWorld and MINT below.
Search COBRA (Complete Online Business Reference Advisor) from any Norfolk Library for business information, opportunity profiles, start-up information and more
Use IBISWorld for in depth UK market research. Available in Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library, Thetford, King's Lynn and Yarmouth libraries. Ask staff to log you in
For information about companies, directors and industry research search MINT (Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library only, ask staff to log you in)
We have a year-round programme of events including SpotlightOn workshops, webcasts, marketplaces and one-to-one advice sessions.
For details of what's happening soon, and to book where applicable, visit our events page. You can also keep up to date with all our latest developments on twitter and Facebook.
Business & IP Centre Norfolk
Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library
Tel: 01603 774740