Summer Reading Challenge
The Reading Agency and Norfolk Library and Information Service present the 2018 Summer Reading Challenge, Mischief Makers. Children can come and explore a map of Beanotown to find the mysterious buried treasure and become ultimate mischief makers! Dennis, Gnasher and friends will help them solve clues and collect stickers, having lots of fun and adventures along the way!
Everyone who signs up receives a collector folder to get started off. As they read library books over the summer, they explore Beantown and follow the clues, as well as picking up some stinky stickers along the way.
Mischief Makers, Summer Reading Challenge 2018 was produced by the Reading Agency and delivered by libraries. Find out more on The Reading Agency website.
The Summer Reading Challenge website is open all year round for reading ideas, games, competitions.
Mischief Maker events at Norfolk Libraries
Family Learning and the library invite parents, carers and grandparents and their children to a free and fun workshop all about Loki the Naughty Norse. You will take part in a fun art activitives together, explore Norse mythology, become one of Loki's mischief makers, discover ways to support children's learning at home and receive information about family learning opportunities.
Suitable for children of all ages, booking essential by contacting the library.
Dog Therapy - Read your favourite book to 'Katie' the dog. This is a free event, please contact the library to book. 4-11 years.
- Monday 20 August, 2-3pm at Loddon Library
- Wednesday 29 August, 1.30-3.30pm at Sheringham Library
- Wednesday 29 August, 10.30am-12pm at Wroxham Library
- Thursday 30 August, 1-2pm at Gaywood Library
- Friday 31 August, 10.30-12pm at Wroxham Library
Come and celebrate completing the reading challenge at the library as this special awards ceremony. Booking is essential please contact the library.
Be a mischief maker and come and make Obnoxious Oblique, Gloopy Poop and Eye Ball Slime. Booking essential. Cost £3 per child. Suitable for ages 5+.
Take home what you make! £3 per child.
- Friday 17 August, 11am-2.30pm at Wroxham Library
- Friday 24 August, 10.30am-12pm at Sprowston Library
- Wednesday 29 August, 2.30-4pm at Reepham Library
- Wednesday 29 August, 5-6.30pm at Millennium Library
- Wednesday 29 August, 10.30-11.30am at Gaywood Library
- Thursday 30 August, 10.30-11.30am at Thetford Library
- Thursday 30 August, 2-3pm at Swaffham Library
- Monday 3 September, 1.30-3.30pm at Downham Market Library
Storyteller Liam Carroll will be telling stories about mischief-making monkeys, disobedient chickens, the coyote who couldn't keep his word, Anancy the spider who liked to play tricks, and of course stories about the Lord of Mischief himself, Loki. These stories are fun, humorous and full of opportunities to join in and make a noise.
Silliness with Scratch - Come and try some simple coding and create your own jokes. For children aged 8+. This is free - please book a place at the library.
- Tuesday 28 August and Friday 31 August, 5-6pm at Sprowston Library
Drums and Percussion workshop - Get loud in the library as you get to the beat! Best for children aged 5 and over. £3 per child. Booking essential.
- Monday 20 August 11am-12pm at Dereham Library
Doggy stories and crafts from the Dogs Trust - Suitable for children up to 12, families welcome please book your place at the library. Please note there are no dogs present at these sessions.
Mischief themed paper craft and storytime - free drop in event for all ages. Mum and Dad are welcome to join in too!