Civil parking enforcement and legal orders
On-street parking enforcement in Norfolk transferred from the police to local authorities on 7 November 2011.
Enforcement of on-street parking restrictions, including yellow lines and time-limited spaces, is now carried out by Civil Enforcement Officers managed by local councils;
- Norwich City Council covers the Norwich area - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council covers Great Yarmouth - email@example.com
- South Norfolk Council covers South Norfolk - firstname.lastname@example.org
- King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council covers King's Lynn, West Norfolk, North Norfolk and Broadland - email@example.com
They have the power to issue Penalty Charge Notices (parking tickets) for parking infringements, and manage this process.
Parking Legal Orders
Below is a table that shows the different types of legal Order in force in each town or parish. Orders that can be viewed are shown in purple.
Other Orders can be viewed upon request at County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH.
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Waiting Restrictions
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Parking Bays
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Loading Restrictions
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Loading Bay
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Clearway
- Gt Yarmouth Town Centre Market Place Restricted Zone
- Great Yarmouth Town Centre Parking Bays (Regent Street Amendment Order)