Information for homeowners
As a homeowner there are certain steps you can take to protect your home. The pages below provide hints and tips on how you can protect your home, implement sustainable drainage and conserve water.
If there is any risk of danger to people, property or the environment from floodwater you should not hesitate to ring 999.
Read our advice on dealing with flooding emergencies.
If you think that water is coming from a sewer or water mains, call Anglian Water on 0800 771 881 straight away.
- If you own land bordering an ordinary watercourse, you have certain rights and responsibilities
- You need to apply for consent for works that affect the flow of an ordinary watercourse
- Private sewage treatment plants are the responsibility of the owner of the property or properties that uses them
- Information for property owners on flood protection and sustainable drainage
- Steps you can take to reduce the amount of water wasted
- We are offering some households, businesses and schools in Norwich the chance to install a free water butt or rain water planter