Cookie Consent by Hazardous waste items we do not accept - Norfolk County Council

Hazardous waste items we do not accept

Unless we're holding one of our household hazardous waste events, we don't accept these items at our recycling centres:

  • Aerosols – full or part full (empty aerosols are accepted)
  • Antifreeze
  • Asbestos
  • Brake fluid
  • Degreasers
  • Descalers
  • Drain cleaners
  • Fence or shed treatments/preservers
  • Fertilisers
  • Fire extinguishers – some extinguisher supply companies may also offer a disposal service; check the labelling on your fire extinguisher
  • Fungicides
  • Gas bottles and cylinders - empty gas bottles and cylinders can be accepted, but full or partially full gas bottles or cylinders will not be accepted.  Always return non-empty gas containers to the gas company branded on the container or search your local telephone directory/online under bottled gas
  • CO2 canisters – Contact Kegwatch on 0808 100 1945
  • Glue
  • Heating oil
  • Insecticides
  • Lawn treatments
  • Lubricants
  • Oven cleaners
  • Paint/paint cans
  • Paintbrush cleaner/thinners
  • Pesticides/fertilisers
  • Petrol, diesel or any other fuel
  • Photographic chemicals
  • Stain removers
  • Swimming pool cleaners
  • Thermometers
  • Weed killer
  • Wood preservers/treatments

If you have an empty hazardous waste container then this can be placed in your kerbside rubbish wheelie bin or in the 'non-recyclables' container at any Norfolk's recycling centres.

Was this webpage helpful?