Many Norfolk recycling centres have Reuse Shops, where you can donate your good quality unwanted items instead of dumping them, and pick up a bargain.
Or try these ideas:
- Norfolk has a large network of reuse and repair facilities including charity shops and some charities will collect from your doorstep. To find your nearest reuse options use the Bin Genie search tool
- Freegle is an online exchange where you can pass on things you no longer need – for free
- Learn new repair skills to mend your clothing and other textiles and stop them becoming waste. Knit and natters are also great groups to help develop skills to mend and repair clothing or to create new items
- Hold a community reuse event – such as a Give and Take Day, Jumble Sale, Car boot sale or Garden Produce Swap event
Host a Swishing Event - Swishing is a great way to swap your old unloved clothes for different ones. For more information, visit the Get Swishing.com website
Using your recycling bins at home and your local Recycling Centre are great ways to recycle your waste. Try these ideas to recycle even more.
- Find your nearest community recycling banks using the Bin Genie search tool or find out how to install new local recycling banks and collect Recycling Credits
- Check out Terracycle for collection points around Norfolk of difficult to recycle materials like crisp packets, contact lens packaging and toothpaste tubes
- Set up a Community Composting Scheme - where local communities collect garden material from households, take it to a community site and make it into compost