- Do your kids need to do their homework, but you haven’t got a laptop or the internet at home?
- Do you need to book appointments, buy things online and apply for jobs, but you’ve run out of credit and your phone screen is too fiddly?
- Have you got a smartphone, but think you might not be getting the best out of it?
- Do you wonder if you’re missing out because you’re not on the internet?
- Are you worried about staying safe from online scams?
Tech Skills for Life is here to help!
Our friendly Community Tech Coaches can make free laptops, free tablets and free data available, and can give advice about affordable broadband. We can also teach you new skills that will make technology easier to use and give you the confidence to use the internet safely.
A free session or series of sessions with a Community Tech Coach will help you make the most of the online world. You could be refreshing your skills or trying digital, internet-based, or “techy” things for the first time.
We aim to help you use tablets, computers, and smartphones, access the internet, and give you the skills and confidence to use technology in a way that works for you.
Who is behind it?
Tech Skills for Life is a partnership led by Norfolk County Council.
We are working with the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk, the NHS and a range of volunteer groups and local community organisations, to make sure everyone can use technology and access essential online services if they want to.
Tech Skills for Life is currently running a pilot scheme in West Norfolk, with the potential to cover the whole of Norfolk if successful.
What can Tech Skills for Life do?
Our friendly Community Tech Coaches can help you, or someone you know who would benefit from their help, to use the internet to make everyday life easier.
Community Tech Coaches can:
- Give you the skills and confidence to be safe online and use your tablet, laptop, or smartphone however you want
- Show you how to borrow a smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Give you get a smartphone, laptop or tablet to keep
- Help you get free mobile data and find a more affordable broadband tariff
- Teach you new skills and suggest useful thing like classes or social groups
Check out some success stories of how Tech Skills for Life can help you.
Why should I give it a go?
Tech Skills for Life is here to help you, your family and friends get online and use the internet to make life easier.
- Maybe you’re curious about what the internet could do for you.
- Maybe you feel that affordable internet usage is out of your reach
- Maybe your parents feeling more confident online would mean they could do their own online supermarket shop.
- Maybe a laptop or tablet would be more useful than a smartphone
However you feel about the internet, whether it’s the technology or the connection that’s proving a challenge, Tech Skills for Life can help. Simply speak to a Community Tech Coach.
How do I get started?
It’s easy to get in touch. You, or someone you trust, can call us on 01485 536420. The line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. A Community Tech Coach will answer your call, or you can leave them a message.
Or you can complete our Tech Skills for Life online form:
Tech Skills for Life online form
We will arrange to meet up with you in a safe space, like the library or a local coffee shop, where we will give you the help and information you need.
Make the everyday easier with tech skills for life.