Toggle mobile menu visibility

Money to help with living costs

Financial support for housing

We will:

  • Give you a Leaving Care Grant of £1,500. This is to furnish your new home with essential household items
  • Pay the deposit if you rent somewhere privately
  • Pay your TV licence for the first year
  • Pay for your contents insurance for the first year

Council Tax

All care leavers age 18-25 who live alone do not have to pay council tax in Norfolk.

However, you must remember to still register for council tax at your local district council. Find your local district council.

If you do not live alone, you might be able to claim Council Tax Reduction.

Check Council Tax Reduction eligibility and claim