Toggle mobile menu visibility

Help and advice with utility bills

A hand moving a thermostat dial

Energy bills

There are a range of services and organisations who can advise you:

Water bills

Anglian Water provide an Extra Care Support service for people who may need help paying their water bills. By going through their Extra Care Assessment, they will make sure you're on the best tariff, look at ways of helping you get back on track you if you've fallen behind and will also be able to identify additional support you may benefit from.

Their Priority Services Register is completely free, and once you've signed up, you can stay on it for as long as you like. This service supports a wide range of people and provides a range of practical support, from reading your meter for you (if you find this difficult) to giving you advance notice of planned interruptions to your supply and helping you in the event of an interruption. They can also support you to register with your energy company if you would like them to.

Council Tax bills 

Your district council may be able to help you with your council tax bill:

Phone and internet bills

Ofcom gives advice on what to do if you are struggling to pay your phone bill.

The National Databank scheme offers free mobile data for six months for eligible people struggling to afford their mobile tariff, or if you have inadequate internet access at home or outside your home. Visit any Norfolk library and ask to be referred or email

If you are a low income family you could be eligible for cheaper broadband and phone packages. Find out about these social tariffs on Ofcom website.