Passenger Transport Contracts
The Council procures contracts for the provision of passenger transport services for home to school, social care and local bus services. To be able to bid for contracts, you must have made a successful application to join our Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for Passenger Transport Services NCCF41347. We encourage applications from bus, coach, taxi, private hire and rail operators.
Applications to join the DPS can be made at any time by doing the following:
- Prior to making a submission, you will first need to register your company on our e-sourcing system In-Tend (if you haven't already done so)
- Once registered, you can apply to become a Norfolk County Council Transport Provider. Please use our to help you do this
Details of current contracts are published monthly on our Contracts and Grants Register.
Certain contracts need to be procured at short notice due to customer requirements. We tend to run two procurements a week, with contracts issued on a Tuesday with a return date of the following Friday, and on a Thursday with a return date of the following Monday.
The day-to-day management of contracts is undertaken by the Travel and Transport Team.
We have a programme of reviews for contracts into high schools and certain day centres as well as local bus services. Whilst this may change you can . The programme is reviewed and update every 3 months.
Records of contracts from the last quarter are available in the 'Documents and guidance' section on this page.
Drivers and Passenger Assistants
To work on Passenger Transport Contracts awarded by Norfolk County Council, Drivers and Passenger Assistants must hold a current identity badge issued by the Council. We will only issue a badge to applicants who:
- Work for an operator who has been accepted onto the DPS
- Have passed an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Have completed our safeguarding children and vulnerable adults course
- Have completed our introduction to the role of a driver or passenger assistant course
Queries regarding badges should be made by companies only, not individual staff members. Please email all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drivers and Passenger Assistants may also need to undertake additional training to be able to work on contracts. The Council does not provide or pay for additional training. However, we do provide details of several companies that provide training in the areas required.
Procurement Team (Transport) Floor 2
Norfolk County Council