Toggle mobile menu visibility

Report a concern - safeguarding

If you or someone you know is being abused or may be at risk of any form of mistreatment or neglect, then we can help.

We will arrange for someone to contact you to make sure you are okay and will work with you to see if there is anything we can do to make things better for you. This is known as safeguarding - safeguarding is everybody's business.

How to report a concern

If you are suspicious or concerned about someone's safety, ring Adult Social Services on 0344 800 8020. Our text relay number for people with hearing or speech impairments is 18001 0344 800 8020.

You may remain anonymous but please give us as much information as possible so that we can follow it up.

It may help to read our safeguarding¬†check list (pdf) (PDF) [144KB] to help you have the right information when you call.

In an emergency call 999.

Use the safeguarding report form

If the person is not at immediate risk of harm, you can use our online form:

Make a safeguarding report

If you suspect abuse


  • Always listen carefully
  • Make a note of what has happened or what you are worried about
  • Tell someone trustworthy

Do not:

  • Confront the person you think is responsible for the abuse
  • Destroy the evidence
  • Start to investigate the situation

If you wish to seek advice or talk to someone at an independent organisation, contact:

Care Quality Commission
03000 616161


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon