Toggle mobile menu visibility

Sharing your views

have your say dark blue

Do you:

  • Feel that you would like to change your community?
  • Feel passionate about something?
  • Like to help others?
  • Know how to get your voice heard?

It is important that everyone has the chance to have their say and that people listen to you, especially when this is about you.

How do you get your voice heard?

There are groups that you can join, you could have a part in deciding how this website is developed, or you can take part in consultations about the things you feel are important.

Find local groups:

  • DRAGON Project (opens new window) - DRAGON stands for Disability Real Action Group of Norfolk. Run by the Norfolk Children with Disabilities access and services team, the group helps young people with disabilities get their opinions heard by service providers 
  • Norfolk County Council Your Voice - if you are over 16-years-old you can take part in focus groups, surveys and mystery shopping, and help create local services
  • Youth Advisory Board - gives young people the chance to help make decisions on services for young people
  • School Councils - ask your school if you can get involved in your school council
  • Student Councils and Student Unions - ask your sixth form, college or university if you can get involved in your student council or student union
  • UK Youth Parliament - if you are 11-18 years-old you can stand for election as a Member of Youth Parliament (MYP) and use your voice to make social change 

SEND Youth Forum

An online youth group for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

They meet monthly via Microsoft Teams on Wednesdays, 6.30-7.30pm to:

  • Share their experiences of education and training
  • Discuss issues
  • Work together to improve services for young people with SEND
  • Create change

New members are always welcome! If you are 11-25-years-old and have something to say, we would like to hear from you.

Find out more about the SEND Youth Forum 



Remember, if you are 18-years-old or over you have the right to vote in local and general elections. Before you can do this you must have registered to be on the electoral register.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon