Toggle mobile menu visibility

Independent specialist further education providers

Young people over 16-years-old with very complex specialist educational needs (SEN) and disabilities, might need specialist education over and above what is available in a mainstream college.

These children might go to a state funded special school or college. In a very small number of cases, we will need to place children or young people in a different type of specialist college in the independent (private) sector.

Specialist schools and colleges approved under Section 41

Decisions about independent college places

We can only fund this provision if there is clear evidence that there is no provision locally (within an hour's travelling distance) which can offer a place. It is essential to always look for and explore all local and state funded options first. Read the admissions process for special schools and specialist colleges.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon