Toggle mobile menu visibility

Homeless or at risk of homelessness

If you think you might soon have nowhere to live, or you consider yourself as homeless, then contact your personal adviser or life beyond care team.

Your personal advisor will support you to contact your local housing authority who will arrange a housing options appointment. Care leavers who were looked after by Norfolk County Council will have a local connection to all housing authorities in Norfolk so you can apply to any council area you wish to live. If you are living outside of Norfolk you can still approach your local council and be entitled to support.

Find your local council

During the interview they will gather as much information about your needs and outline the support they will offer to either keep you in your home or help you find somewhere else to live. This support will be outlined in a Personalised Housing Plan. You will be given a copy of this and you can ask for this to be shared with your Personal Advisor

For more information on your housing rights please see Housing rights of young people and care leavers.    

Local organisations that can offer support

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon