Toggle mobile menu visibility

Help and advice with benefits

If you receive a social care package from us or are a care leaver, you can contact our Welfare Rights Unit for benefits advice. They offer free specialist help and advice over the phone, or face-to-face in your own home if you prefer.

The Welfare Rights Unit can support you by:

  • Completing checks to make sure you are receiving all the money you are entitled to
  • Helping you with your application
  • Helping you with appeals if your payments have been stopped
  • Representing you at tribunal hearings

Contact the Welfare Rights Unit by calling 01603 224447 or emailing us at

Other places to find help

  • The GOV.UK website has more information about benefits and how to claim them
  • Citizen's Advice has information about benefits, tax credits, council tax and housing costs
  • Age UK offers free, confidential advice if you are over state pension age
  • The Money Advice Service has further information and advice about the benefits system

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon