Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS)
How to apply
Complete our online application form. This can take more than 30 minutes so give yourself enough time.
You will be asked to:
- Provide information and evidence of your current financial situation
- Provide personal and financial information for anyone else who lives with you
- Supply electronic copies of evidence. Paper copies of evidence can be posted to us if you cannot send an electronic copy
What to gather before you start your application
Get the following information together for yourself and anyone else who lives with you.
Unfortunately, it will take longer to process your application without receiving all this evidence.
- National Insurance number. We cannot process an application without it. Visit www.gov.uk/lost-national-insurance-number if you have lost it
- Last two bank statements
- Details of any debts
- Details of any savings or property you have
- Details of any benefits received
- Benefit letters from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Rent invoices
- Details of any children who live with you including health information and whether you receive Child Benefit
- Information on any health issues you and anyone you live with has
- If you are moving due to family breakdown or reconciliation, you need to provide details and the name of a professional who could give supporting evidence if needed
Apply for the Norfolk Assistance Scheme
How to save the online form during the application process
You can save your application at any point during the application process.
However, you must complete it and send it within five days. If you do not complete it within five days it will be deleted from our system.
When you save the form you will be given a code. Without the code you cannot return to the form. It might be helpful to take a screenshot or photo on your phone.
Return to a saved application
If you cannot complete an online application call 0344 800 8020. We will complete the form with you but you will still need to send us evidence.