What is the Local Offer?
We must publish a Local Offer. We must set out in one place information about provision that is available, and provision that is expected to be, across education, health and social care. This is for children and young people in our area, who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Local Offer has two main purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it
- To make provision responsive to local needs and aspirations. This is by directly involving children and young people with SEND, their parents, and the professionals who work with them in its development and review
What will the Local Offer cover?
The Local Offer will help you to find information about:
- What universal, targeted and specialist provision is available for children and young people with SEND in Norfolk
- How to access different types of services and support.
The Norfolk SEND Local Offer website, is organised into the following sections:
- Support for learning
- About the Local Offer
- Local Offer for children and young people
- Education and training 0-25
- Care, support and advice
- Preparing for adulthood
- Local Offer news, views and reviews
The Norfolk Directory also forms part of the Norfolk SEND Local Offer. It can be searched for information about specific services in your area.
How can I feedback on the Local Offer?
We want to receive feedback:
- On the services in our Local Offer
- On what services are missing
We welcome feedback from families, young people and professionals.
It is a requirement to publish comments on the Local Offer. We must also publish our response to those comments, as part of our duty to keep educational, social care and health provision under review. This will help to identify gaps in provision. It will also ensure provision is responsive to the needs of local children and young people with SEND and their families.
Any strategic review of education, health and social care provision, should be done in consideration of comments received on the Local Offer.
You can feedback comments to us by:
Web form: Online feedback form
How can I contribute to the Local Offer?
Get listed in the Norfolk Directory
If your organisation, group or service is not listed in the Norfolk Directory, you can apply to have an entry added by creating an account. Alternatively you can download the Norfolk Directory Guidelines that we have created to help you.
Join the Local Offer User Forum
If you want to contribute ideas to the development and review of our Local Offer, apply to join the Local Offer User Forum which meets quarterly.