Norfolk SEND Partnership, Advice, Information and Support Service is an impartial service providing information and support for young people with special educational needs and / or disabilities and parents and carers of children with special educational needs. They offer:
- Confidential telephone support and information
- Written information
- The support of a trained volunteer Independent Parental Supporter wherever possible
- And/or put parents and carers in touch with other voluntary groups and people who may be able to help
Helpline: 01603 704070 Monday to Friday 9am-5 pm
Norfolk SEN Network can help parents:
- Apply for an EHC plan
- Ensure that the provision outlined in the EHC plan is adequate to meet their child's needs
- Support families who wish to take their case to a tribunal hearing
Helpline: 01603 300178 (Monday - Friday)
Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA) is a registered charity offering:
- Free and independent legally based information
- Advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities
Helpline: 0800 018 4016 or 01799 526771 for reduced charges if using a mobile phone (check website for opening hours as these vary)
Contact - For families with disabled children supports families with disabled children across the UK. They provide:
- Advice and support
- Bring families together so they can support each other and campaign to improve their circumstances, and their right to be included and equal in society.
Helpline: 0808 808 3555 Monday to Friday, 9.30am-5pm
The Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASS Network) also supply a list of SEND Information and Advice Providers.
Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) within the Ministry of Defence, provides advice and guidance to service parents, educational establishments and local authorities on educational issues relating to service children with SEN.
The most effective way to contact the CEAS team is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline: 01980 618244 or 94344 8244