The West Winch Housing Access Road will serve the South East King’s Lynn Growth Area (known locally as the West Winch Growth area) which will see up to 4,000 new homes built over the next 20 years.
The route connects the A10 to the A47 along a new 1.5-mile road. This will start to the south of Gravelhill Lane in West Winch and join the A47 before it reaches the Hardwick Junction.
The road will connect to the A47 via a new signalised roundabout and dedicated free-flow slip road. The scheme would see the dualling of the A47 between Hardwick and the new road. Changes will need to be made to the Hardwick Interchange to take into account the housing traffic and the rerouted A10.
The West Winch Housing Access Road will provide an alternative route around village of West Winch. This would result in a reduction in traffic through the village. This will allow the introduction of measures through the village to improve safety and living conditions for local residents. This could include:
- reduction to existing speed limits
- weight restriction on heavy good vehicles
- new crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
Have your say - public consultation
We are asking for your views on the West Winch Housing Access Road. This pre-planning application consultation will run from Monday 14 November 2022 to Sunday 8 January 2023.
The consultation materials are available to view online on the dedicated consultation website. Here you will be able to submit your views via an online questionnaire.
View our proposals and complete the questionnaire
How to comment
There are several ways you can respond to the consultation:
- Complete the consultation questionnaire online via the dedicated consultation website
- Attend one of our public consultation events
- Complete a paper copy of the questionnaire. You can request a paper copy of the consultation materials by emailing WestWinchA10@norfolk.gov.uk or calling 0344 800 8020
- Email comments directly to WestWinchA10@norfolk.gov.uk
- Write to us at: West Winch Housing Access Road, Infrastructure Delivery Team, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH
Three public drop-in events will take place during the consultation period. Here, you will be able to view the proposals and ask questions of the council staff in attendance. The events are:
- West Winch Primary School, PE33 0LA - Wednesday 23 November, 4pm to 9pm
- The Village Meeting Place, North Runcton, PE33 0RB - Saturday 10th December, 10am-4pm
- West Winch Primary School, PE33 0LA - Wednesday 4 January, 4pm to 9pm
The views collected during this consultation will help to inform the details included in the planning application which will be submitted in 2023.
We are also working on the Outline Business Case (OBC) which will be submitted to the Department for Transport next year.