Disabled parking and Blue Badges

Norfolk County Council can provide legal parking bays in town centre locations where they can be of benefit to a number of disabled drivers.

Requests for new disabled parking bays should be made to Norfolk County Council. However, new restrictions will only be introduced where there is a clear need and broad support. For this reason, we suggest that you approach your local Town/Parish Council in the first instance who can help identify the needs of your local community.

A legal Traffic Regulation Order has to be made before new restrictions can be introduced, and this can be lengthy, involving periods for consultation and legal challenge.

Norfolk County Council has in the past provided disabled parking bays outside individual homes. This is no longer the case and as roads are repaired or resurfaced the bays will not be replaced.

Apply for a Blue Badge

Some district, borough and city councils have information about disabled parking bays on their websites.