Cabinet agreed the refreshed Digital Inclusion Strategy at its meeting on 6 December 2021.
The strategy’s vision is that:
“Every Norfolk resident is provided with the appropriate digital access opportunities to meet their needs and enable them to be digitally included in all aspects of their lives”
We’ll achieve the vision by:
- Working in partnership to target activity and make best use of resources
- Enabling universal access to connectivity in the county
- Supporting access to devices and equipment
- Increasing digital skills and confidence in key cohorts
- Developing the skills of our staff to understand how to support residents to access and use technology to improve their lives
View the Digital Inclusion Strategy
Supporting residents in Norfolk to get online
In 2021 Norfolk County Council refreshed its digital inclusion strategy. By digital inclusion we mean people in Norfolk:
- are able and confident in using computers, tablets, smart phones and the internet
- have access to the internet through broadband, wi-fi and mobile
- can easily access services if they use assistive technology
We are starting a major project with the help of our partners to put our strategy into action.
We’re aware that there is already a significant amount of work that others in Norfolk are doing to support people to get online and to increase their skills and confidence with computers and the internet.
We are keen to make sure that we don’t duplicate efforts, that we learn from what you are already doing, and that we support the great work that’s already happening.
To help us do this, we would be very grateful if you could tell us about any services or support that your organisation is offering by completing our online form by 9 September. By sharing this information with us, we can see what services are being offered to who, and where. This will help us get a picture of what’s going on and where the gaps might be.
We are also interested in finding out more about the digital needs of the people that you support, what your organisation needs to deliver this support, how we could help you, and your own digital needs.
Lastly, if you are interested in finding out more about the strategy and how you can get involved, then we would love to hear from you.
Complete our survey