The Flourish Pledge
Your organisation can help make our shared Flourish ambition a reality by signing up to the Flourish Pledge.
Making a pledge is as simple as making at least one promise, or commitment, to something new that your organisation will seek to achieve over the next year to help children and young people in Norfolk to flourish.
It's free to sign up, and we will give you support at every stage to help you think about, plan, and deliver your pledge.
Who can make a pledge?
Everyone is welcome to make a Flourish Pledge. Organisations of all sizes can sign up, including:
- Colleges and schools
- Community groups and venues
- Local councils
- Leisure and tourism providers
- Smaller teams within bigger organisations
Why you should make a pledge
By making your Flourish Pledge, you will be joining organisations around Norfolk in:
- Directly improving children and young people's lives
- Raising the profile of your organisation or work
- Achieving corporate social responsibility
- Reaching a wider audience or customer base
- Making Norfolk a better place for young people and families to live and visit
You will also have access to:
- A Flourish Pledge badge to use on your organisation's website and publicity
- A chance of winning an award at our annual Flourish Pledge Awards
- Flourish networking events as our pledge network grows
- Free help and guidance around being more child and young person-friendly
- An amazing potential workforce in the young people of Norfolk
What you could pledge to do
Your pledge can be anything that will help children and young people in Norfolk to flourish. For example:
- Supporting young people into work by providing apprenticeships, job coaches or work experience
- Involving children and young people in decision-making in your organisation and championing their voices
- Becoming a family-friendly employer - so that parents have flexibility to support their children and young people
- Providing discounts or extra opportunities for children and young people
- Developing new activities for children and young people in your local community
- Supporting children with special education needs and/or disabilities (SEND) via initiatives such as autism-friendly hours or activities
How to make your pledge
If you know what you want to commit to doing, you can sign up using our online form. We will record your pledge and confirm it with you.
If you would like to find out more, or would like some support to plan your pledge, email email@example.com.
We will check in with you later in the year about how you are getting on with delivering your pledge. You'll be able to either renew it the following year or make a new one.