Toggle mobile menu visibility

Support for learning

Boy and teacher

This section outlines what happens if a child or young person is having difficulties with their learning

Children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) may need extra help to enable them to learn and make progress in their learning alongside other children of the same age. This is known as SEN Support.

Find out about SEN Support.

A small number of children and young people may need further assessment, to find out if it would help to have an education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Concerns about your child's learning

The first things to do if you have concerns about your child's learning

Special educational needs (SEN) support

Support available in mainstream schools for children and young people with SEN

Education, health and care (EHC) plans

EHC plans are used to support children and young people with complex SEND