Toggle mobile menu visibility

Concerns about your child's learning

It is very important to speak with your child's place of learning if you have concerns about their learning.

Talk to someone who is working with your child. Before you do so, it will be helpful if you:

  • Listen to what your child tells you 
  • Be alert to any changes in their behaviour that might suggest they are unhappy  
  • Keep a record of things that concern you 

If an early years keyworker or teacher becomes concerned that your child is not making expected progress, they will contact you. They will share their concerns and listen to you and your child's views. 

The early years keyworker or teacher may talk to you about: 

  • Developing a one-page profile
  • Doing an assessment, to find out if your child has any specific needs
  • Adapting their teaching methods
  • Planning and putting in place SEN Support to meet your child's needs
  • Seeking advice from a specialist

The place of learning will give you a written record of what is agreed. A follow-up meeting will be arranged so you can discuss whether the support is helping your child.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon