Toggle mobile menu visibility

Vehicle access crossings (dropped kerbs)

Vehicle access crossings, also known as 'dropped kerbs', allow vehicles to cross a footway or highway verge to access a property or off-street parking area.

It is an offence to drive over a footway or highway verge without a proper vehicle crossing.

We build vehicle access crossings at the request of residents or businesses, if certain criteria are met.  There are charges for this service and planning permission may be required.

A non-refundable fee of £182.79 is payable on making an application for permission to construct a vehicle access crossing.

If permission is granted, a simple residential vehicle access crossing will usually on average cost around £2,025. However, this figure is only a guide, as the cost for constructing each vehicle access crossing is dependent on individual circumstances. The estimate provided will be based on the cost of the work required to construct the proposed crossing in the approved location. 

Apply for a vehicle access crossing (dropped kerb)