Toggle mobile menu visibility

Licences and permits

We administer the following business licences and permits.  For information on other types of licence (eg taxi licences, street cafes, or boarding animal establishments) you need to contact your local district, borough or city council.

Civil marriage venues

We can approve the use of venues for the purpose of holding marriages and civil partnerships.

Highways works, including skips, scaffold and streetworks

You are legally required to apply to Norfolk County Council for permission to carry out work, roadworks, streetworks or other notifiable activities on the public highway.

Storage of petroleum spirit

Petrol filling stations and other facilities where petrol is dispensed as fuel into the tanks of internal combustion engines are required to be licensed by the relevant Petroleum Licensing Authorities who will ensure that the necessary safety standards are observed and maintained.