We have computers at all of our libraries. To use a computer, you will need to book a session in advance by calling 01603 774777. You can book one 60 minute session per day.
We've introduced new keyboards that are easy to wipe down, and we will clean the keyboard and mouse between sessions.
We're not currently able to offer one-to-one support in person, but you can call 01603 774777 to speak to a member of library staff if you need help. This helpline is available 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday.
We have free public WiFi access at all of our libraries. The network will show on your list of available networks as NCC_Library_Wifi. When you have connected to the network, you will need to log on using your library membership number and PIN in order to browse the Internet. Logging on implies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Every library in Norfolk offers:
- Free internet access (including free web-based email services)
- Access to online help and online subscriptions via our information service - our selection of quality information sites
- Computers with word processing, spreadsheet and powerpoint applications
- Computers with USB ports
- Screen magnification and screen reader software
- Photo-editing software
- Colour printing (A4 only in some libraries). View our printing and copying charges.
- Printing over WiFi
- Scanning facilities
Every library offers the following on at least one computer:
- A4 scanners
- Assistive keyboards and mice
We use appropriate technology and equipment to ensure that no customer faces an unnecessary barrier to accessing any of our online services.
All of our public PCs have access to the built-in screen magnification and text to speech functionality that comes as standard as part of the Windows 10 operating system.
We're not currently able to offer support for IT skills in person. If you wish to learn some basic computer skills, check out Learn My Way.
You'll find information about other online courses you may find helpful on our I connect page, or ask a member of staff for more information.