Norfolk strategic planning member forum
The duty to cooperate was created in the Localism Act 2011, and amends the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
It places a legal duty on local planning authorities, county councils in England and public bodies to engage constructively, actively and on an on-going basis when preparing Local Plans.
The forum has no executive powers and decision making remains with each of the participating authorities which comprises all Norfolk Planning Authorities
The Forum is currently overseeing the preparation of a Norfolk Strategic Framework which will consider and seek agreement in relation to the strategically important cross boundary issues affecting the delivery of growth in Norfolk. This Framework is intended to inform the preparation of statutory development plans.
The forum brings elected Members from each authority together on a quarterly basis.
Papers for Norfolk Strategic Member Forum - 17 July 2017
- Norfolk Strategic Framework - consultation report
- Norfolk Strategic Framework - progress report
- Draft Norfolk Strategic Framework
- Health Protocol
- Recreation Impacts Study - Visitors Survey at European Protected Sites
- Central Norfolk SHMA - update
- New Economic Strategy for Norfolk and Suffolk - development update
Members of the Norfolk Strategic Member forum
- Cllr John Fuller (Chairman) – South Norfolk Council
- Cllr Sue Arnold – North Norfolk District Council
- Cllr Mike Stonard – Norwich City Council
- Cllr Shawn Vincent – Broadland District Council
- Cllr Peter Dixon – Broads Authority
- Cllr Andy Grant – Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Cllr Gordon Bambridge – Breckland Council
- Cllr Mike Sands – Norfolk County Council
- Cllr Richard Blunt – King’s Lynn and West Norfolk District Council
Papers from previous meetings
16 February 2017
- Progress report on local plans
- Norfolk Strategic Framework report
- Notes from Wider South East Joint Summit - 9 Dec 2016
Papers for Norfolk Strategic Member Forum - 13 October 2016