Toggle mobile menu visibility

Frequently asked questions

Children with education, health and care plans (EHCPs)

Will I be entitled to transport to the establishment named in my current education, health and care plan (EHCP)?

Not necessarily. If a school is named in a plan as one of parental preference, transport will not be provided. We may provide transport if a school is named by the local authority in the EHCP as the nearest one that can meet need and you live beyond the qualifying walking distance from the school.

You don't need to make a transport application as we're advised by the relevant team in Children's Services.