Toggle mobile menu visibility

Frequently asked questions

Cycling to school or college

I don't want my child to use a bus to school or college - is there any way they can get help with cycling instead?

Yes, if you are entitled to school transport or post-16 travel assistance, you can opt to have a cycle grant instead, which is a grant of £200 per year.

The cycle grant is a commitment for a full academic year and anyone applying for this grant must consider how they will travel when they are unable to cycle to school. See section 6 of our Home to school and college transport policy (PDF) [332KB] for more details.