Toggle mobile menu visibility

Get help with alcohol dependency

If you're physically dependent on alcohol, the first thing you should do is talk to your GP. Stopping drinking overnight by yourself could be harmful - even fatal.

Your GP can provide advice, medication (if needed) and will know what support is available in your area. Once you have cut back or stopped drinking alcohol, you may need some long-term support to help keep you on track.

You are likely to be physically dependent on alcohol if you regularly drink over 14 units of alcohol a week. If you want to assess how much you are drinking, you can try our alcohol quiz.

Get support from Change Grow Live

Change Grow Live provide an alcohol and drug behaviour change service in Norfolk. Visit Change Grow Live for more information or to make a referral. You can also call them on 01603 514096.

Get help for parents

Alcohol dependency can affect someone's ability to parent effectively. If you're worried about a parent in this situation, call Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 or get in touch via our online form

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon