Toggle mobile menu visibility

Transition between children's and adult health services

Young people with mental ill health conditions

Health support for young people with mental ill health comes from the Children and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS).

It is very important that health staff working with CAMHS are aware of any ongoing health or social care needs when a young person reaches adulthood. Referrals should be made in good time.

CAMHS should also be fully involved with the education planning process for young people, both with and without an education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Referrals for NHS adult mental health services:

Referrals for adult social care services