Transition between children's and adult health services


Children’s and adult health services are organised differently.

If your young person has lots of health needs, there may be many changes to how they receive their health care and support as an adult.

It is important to start planning the move from children’s health services to adult health services by the age of 14.

You should involve your young person’s GP in planning the transition to adult health services, because they will become more closely involved when your young person turns 18.

Was this webpage helpful?