Toggle mobile menu visibility

People who support and help you

Social workers

Includes What does a social worker do?, Social worker FAQs

Foster carer

Includes What does a foster carer do?, Living in foster care FAQs

Independent reviewing officer

An IRO works separately from your social work team. They will ensure your needs are met whilst you are being looked after

Personal adviser

When you turn 18 and leave care you will have a personal adviser to support you

Child in Care (CinC) nurse

A CinC nurse takes care of your health whilst you are in care

Residential worker

Trained residential workers support you 24 hours a day


An advocate is someone who can support you if you have a problem

Independent visitors

IVs are friendly adults you can spend time with if you have little or no family contact

Designated teacher

All schools have a designated teacher. They are responsible for making sure all the school staff help you learn and achieve

Corporate parent

Norfolk County Council become your 'corporate parent' when you're in care. We make sure you are safe and happy

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon