Following the announcement of the preferred route for the Norwich Western Link in July 2019, the project team have been carrying out work to refine and inform the detailed design of the road and associated measures.
We have also started work on an Outline Business Case for the project, which is the next document we are required to submit to the Department for Transport. This will go into more detail than the Strategic Outline Business Case which was submitted in 2019 and approved in May 2020.
We are working to the following timetable, some of which is subject to all the necessary statutory processes for a project of this kind being complete:
- 2020 – Outline Business Case completed and submitted
- Early 2021 – Contractor appointed
- Mid-2021 – Pre-planning application public consultation
- 2023 – Start of work on site
- Late 2025 – Road completed and open to traffic